Tuesday, March 31, 2009

In Loving Memory of my Grandma Sharyn

One of my best friends My Grandma Sharyn passed away on the 24th of this month. It has been a sad time for my family and those who knew and loved her. She died due to a battle with lung cancer. She was an amazing women. While she was very educated and successful as great as that is; those were the least of her good qualities. She was a very loyal friend and would defend you to the bitter end. As her grandaughter she took my side even when there was no side to take. She believed there was nothing more beautiful then her children and grandchildren and she would fight you if you tried to tell her otherwise. While she was full of attitude her spunk is part of what made you love her. There was no backing down with grandma. She was the last person you would want to pick a fight with especially if you didn't want to eat something she'd put on your plate. She was full of love and it never ran out. Her warm hugs, the pat of her perfectly manicured hand on your arm, even her hot pink lipstick kiss marks will be sorely missed. She was the kind of person you could call and cry to and she wouldn't tell you to straighten up or what you should do, but just listened and wished she could be there to comfort you. I love her so much and she will be greatly missed in our lives. I am so grateful for the gospel and the assurance it gives us that we can be together as families again. It is because of this knowledge that I feel comforted at this time. I know that she is no longer in pain, that she is reunitied with my Grandpa and all her loved ones who have passed on, and that I will see her again.

3 comments:

nina said...

We are so sorry to hear of your loss. What a comforting time of year to lose a loved one, so close to Easter. I know you will see her again and I hope you feel that comfort.

Maureen said...

Taytum,

I love you! If there is anything I can do let me know.
Maureen

Leah said...

I love you so much and I know your grandma will be missed. Even if she thinks toe rings are "Riskay." So sorry for this hard time. Just know that I am hear if you need anything. Love ya!